National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations: Stock Control: Retail Outlet (NQF 3)
This qualification will serve to provide the W&R sector with personnel that can perform the operation functions to industry standards, optimise productivity and improve service NQFs. The qualifying learner will undergo personal development that will contribute to social and economic development.
- Target Group: AutoZone retail, wholesale and warehouse/DC staff that would occupy positions in the following areas: Sellers: Sales Persons and Assistants, Representatives, Cashiers, General and finance Administrators, Trade union Officials, Merchandisers, Checkout Operators and office Cash Clerks, General Clerks and Operators in the warehouse.
- NOTE: The learning pathway, articulation and specialisation areas selected for this qualification are: Stock Control (alternative electives may be selected if a different learning pathway is required).
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication at NQF 2 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace logbook will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, which utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.