National Certificate: Public Administration (NQF 3)
The qualification recognises the generic skills, knowledge, understanding, attitudes and values expected of a competent person in a wide range of contexts in Public Sector Administration and the public sector in general. Additionally this qualification contributes to the development of information technology, communications, writing, and service delivery competencies.
Basic Computer Skills
The Fundamentals of Public Administration
Basic Principles of the Three Spheres of Government of South Africa
Occupational Health Safety and Security
Customer Service Skills
- Target Group: Employed or new learners entering the workplace, requiring administration skills in the Public Sector.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 3.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication at NQF Level 2, Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2 and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 1.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.