National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations: Chain Store Operations (NQF 2)
The National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations, addresses skills and competencies for enabling entry-NQF employment and positions. The qualifying learner will to access opportunities for further development and training in the specialised areas of Wholesale and Retail.
- Target Group: Retail, wholesale and warehouse/DC staff that would occupy positions in the following areas: Help desk operating, Sales staff, Merchandising, Warehouses, Wholesaling, Buying/purchasing, Administration, Credit management, Junior Management.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication at NQF 1 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF 1.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace logbook will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, which utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.