National Certificate: Contact Centre Support (NQF 2)
The National Qualification in Contact Centre Support: NQF 2 is designed to meet the needs of those learners who enter the field of Contact Centres. Contact Centres have become key business tools – integral to the way organisations achieve their business objectives. Contact Centres are a new industry – there is a need to develop career paths in this field, and it is a high growth industry constantly in need of skilled people.
Contact Centre Environment
Apply In- and Outbound Contact Centre Operations
Operations in Contact Centre
- Target Group: The Contact Centre National Certificate will provide the broad knowledge and skills needed in the industry and to progress along a career path for learners who:
- Were previously disadvantaged or who were unable to complete their schooling and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training.
- Have worked in Contact Centres for many years, but have no formal qualification in Contact Centre Support.
- Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry so that they can become competent workers in Contact Centres.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF 2.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Numeracy at NQF 1 or equivalent and English (verbal and written communication skills) at NQF 1 or equivalent. A Second Language (verbal and written communication skills) at NQF 1 or equivalent Computer operating skills at NQF 2 or equivalent.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 10 – 32 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.