Further Education & Training Certificate: Project Management (NQF 4)
This programme is for individuals who are leading small to large project. Contributing team members on large projects will also find benefit from this programme. These projects will cut across a range of economic sectors. It will also add value to learners who are running their own business as project management forms an integral component of any business.
Project Team Participation
Communication (Second South African Language) (Afrikaans available)
Communication (First South African Language)
- Target Audience: This qualification is intended for those with prior work experience of an NQF level 3 qualification in project management or business administration of equivalent. The learners will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 4.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication NQF 3, Computer Literacy and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 10 – 24 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.