National Certificate: New Venture Creation (SMME) (NQF 2)
This qualification is intended to provide the basis for structured programmes for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors.
New Venture Creation
Mathematics and Finances
- Target Group: Any person who intends to set up or has already set up own ventures.
- Programme NQF: The NQF of the programme is at NQF 2.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF 1.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.