National Certificate: Specialist Hygiene and Cleaning Services (NQF 2)
The primary purpose of this Qualification is to develop the foundational, practical and reflexive competencies in an individual, required for a career in the Hygiene and Cleaning Services Industry and to positively impact on social and economic transformation.
Central to the Qualification is the development of a culture of quality service and professionalism in the Hygiene and Cleaning Services Industry. This Qualification intends to produce employable cleaners/team leaders who can find gainful employment in the cleaning industry. This will also achieve the objectives of the NQF.
Health and Safety
Self-Development and Image
Communication and Learning
Customers and Quality
Working in Teams
- Target Group: This qualification is intended for cleaners, team leaders, supervisors, temporary or relief cleaners and emerging entrepreneurs who currently, or who aspire to, operate in the cleaning industry at large.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 2.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: As this is an NQF Level 2 Qualification, it is expected that learners participating in NQF level 2 will have achieved competence in NQF level 1 communication/language and mathematics/ numeracy skills or ABET Level 4. Learners would also have achieved competence in skills and knowledge of cleaning at NQF level 1 in sub fields applicable to their career paths (i.e. commercial, Laundry, Health).
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 15 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.