National Certificate: Hygiene and Cleaning Supervision (NQF 3)
The contextualized purpose of this Qualification is to maintain the foundational, practical and reflexive competencies in an individual, required for a career in the Hygiene & Cleaning Services Industry, which will positively impact on the National social and economic transformation.
Central to the Qualification is the enhancement, implementation and maintenance of quality service and professionalism in the Hygiene and Cleaning Services Industry. This Qualification intends to provide skilled supervisors who can sustain gainful employment and deliver qualitative and quantitative results within an organization.
Hygiene and Cleaning Industry
Safety at Work
Manage and Supervise a Team
- Target Group: This qualification is intended for cleaners, team leaders, supervisors, temporary or relief cleaners and emerging entrepreneurs who currently, or who aspire to, operate in the cleaning industry at large.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 3.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: It is expected that learners participating in NQF level 3 will have achieved competence at NQF level 2 in communication/language and mathematics/numeracy. They also would have achieved cleaning skills and knowledge in the cleaning sub-field applicable to their career path (e.g. commercial cleaning, laundry, carpet and upholstery, hospital cleaning, industrial cleaning etc).
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 15 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.