Further Education and Training Certificate: Public Administration (NQF 4)
The purpose of the FETC: Public Administration is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work in support of senior management officials in providing for service delivery objectives. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government.
Mathematics in Public Administration
Communication in Public Administration
Legal Aspects of Public Administration
Principles of Management
Local Government Administration and Management
Introduction to Public Administration
- Target Group: The FETC: Public Administration is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 4.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication at NQF Level 3 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 -30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.