National Certificate: Public Administration (NQF 5)
The purpose of the NQF level 5 Public Administration qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government.
Service Delivery Management
Manage and Lead Human Resources in the Workplace
The Principles of Knowledge Management to Public Sector Administration
South African Legislation and Policy affecting Public Administration
The Principles of Risk Management to manage risk situations in the Public Sector
Design, Formulate Public Sector Policies and Regulations
- Target Group: The National Certificate in Public Administration (NQF Level 5) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
- Programme Level: The level of the programme is at NQF Level 5.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: All learners accessing this qualification must be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent qualification, bearing in mind the learning assumed to be in place. Learners will have competences in a first and second language, as well as Communication NQF Level 4, and Mathematical Literacy NQF level 4. It is recommended that learners are also competent in the Unit Standard titled Demonstrate an understanding of and apply principles of knowledge management to public sector administration and management, Level 4, 8 credits.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one and three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments, and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.