Further Education and Training Certificate: Production Technology (NQF 4)
This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
Leadership Skills and Project Management
Effective Written Communication Skills
Communication for Occupational Learning
Mathematical and Statistical Skills
OHS & Environmental Legislation Implementation
Production Scheduling and Operations Management
- Target Group: Any individual who wishes to be involved in Production Technology.
- Programme NQF: The NQF of the programme is at NQF 4.
- Learning Assumed to be in Place:
- Communication NQF 3.
- Mathematical Literacy NQF 3.
- Apply the fundamental concepts, theories and techniques of production systems, NQF 3.
- Apply the fundamental concepts relating to production planning, scheduling and control, NQF 3.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance practices for efficient and effective production processes, NQF 3.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months.
- Pre-Assessment: Pre-assessment of proposed learners is undertaken to identify current qualifications and experience, and may result in reduced contact training sessions.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 20 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.