National Certificate: Banking (NQF 5)
This qualification promotes the enhancement, marketability and employability of learners and plans to open up the access routes to additional education and training through this process. Added to this is the purpose of providing benefits to society and the economy by enhancing citizenship, increasing social and economic productivity providing specifically skilled/professional people and transforming the redressing of legacies of inequity.
The Financial Sector
Electives – Foreign Finance
Electives – Credit Applications – Corporate, Club, Association or Trust
Credit Applications – Individual, Sole Proprietorship and a Partnership
- Target Audience: This Qualification is aimed at learners in formal education as well as learners already employed in the sector.
- Programme NQF: The NQF of the programme is at NQF 5.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: A combination of competencies obtained in the Further Education and Training band will serve as a learning base to progress into the NQF 5 qualification.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Exemption on fundamentals unit standards may be granted in terms of prescribed SAQA criteria.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 15 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.