National Certificate: Micro Finance (NQF 3)
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to function effectively as a Micro-Finance Officer in a Micro-Finance institution. Qualifying learners will be competent to handle all aspects of the micro loan process from dealing with a loan application, through processing the loan disbursement to handling repayments.
Managing Credit Risk
Admin Procedures in a Micro Finance Organisation
Cash Management Procedures in a Micro-Finance Organisation
- Target Audience: This Qualification is aimed at learners in formal education as well as learners already employed in the sector.
- Programme NQF: The NQF of the programme is at NQF 3.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication NQF 2, Computer Literacy and Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one – three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 15 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.