Further Education & Training Certificate: Micro Finance (NQF 4)
The Qualification provides knowledge of and practical skills in Micro-Finance as well as the opportunity to progress along a career path for learners who have worked in the sector for any number of years but have no formal Qualifications in Micro-Finance or wish to enter the Micro-Finance sector and work towards a nationally recognised Qualification.
Finance in Micro Finance
Project Management Tools
- Target Audience: This Qualification is aimed at learners in formal education as well as learners already employed in the sector. It is specifically geared at employees in the Micro-Finance sector who have to manage the operations in a Micro-Finance organisation while at the same time performing routine Micro-Finance tasks.
- Programme NQF: The NQF of the programme is at NQF 4.
- Minimum Qualifying Criteria: Communication NQF 3, Computer Literacy and Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3.
- Qualification Duration: Qualification – between one and three years. Learnership – twelve months. Contact sessions – between nine (9) – twelve (12) months.
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Between 15 – 30 contact days (as per qualifying criteria).
- Non-Contact Duration: Learners will be required to invest the necessary additional hours per module on additional reading, on job practical assignments (workplace), and POE building, with the support of the supervisor and/or coach. A workplace log will be completed in this regard.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVDs; and Formative Assessments.
To facilitate this process we offer:
- Coaching Support: The Amandla Obunye Training Academy appointed Assessor and Project Administrator are available to the learners for telephonic support and coaching while learners compile their POE’s. Additional coaching support will be scheduled, as required, to assist with the building of POE’s.